Hey guys….we’ve got some BIG NEWS!
We have finally launched our own Oakville Dads Community Fund through the Oakville Community Foundation (theocf.org)This is a fund that directly goes to help the charities we hold near and dear to our heart. This fund will be a way that we can continue to help local charities like the FareShare Foodbank who are helping support so many people in this great city we live in.
In 2019 – the Oakville Dads group donated $500 to the Foodbank and in 2020, we were able to contribute over $13,000 in cash and collected tens of thousands of dollars in food. That directly helps families in our communities get through some hard times and keeps food on their tables. We are lucky to be able to help out!
In 2021 we knew that we wanted to continue with our existing charitable ventures and expand into new ones. This is the main reason we have partnered with a fantastic local organization called the Oakville Community Foundation. The OCF handles over 200 organization and individual funds setup to date, and has been established in our community for over 25 years!
Here’s a quick overview:
By creating our own “Oakville Dads Community Fund” through the foundation – we can donate directly to the fund and get tax receipts generated automatically for our donors!
The Oakville Community Foundation (theocf.org) has a tonne more background information on their site and you’ll quickly see why we chose to partner with Wendy, Sarah and their great team.
It’s all going to be online and digital – but you can still send cheques if you prefer
We wanted to expand our charitable efforts and donor events to be able to help more people. TheOCF.org allows us to do both. By donating to our fund – you’ll get an instant electronic tax receipt and know that you’re supporting our fund which helps others in our community!
Right now of course! The papers are signed and fund is live! You can go and donate now or see how the process works below.
- How does it work?
- Donate directly to Oakville Dads Community Fund, using your credit card.
- Donations of $20 or more you will be provided an automatic tax receipt by email.
- For donations less than $20, you can email us to request a receipt.
- Credit Card – to Donate by Credit Card online or call our office at 905-844-3562 ext 300.
- Stocks & Securities using our Stocks & Securities Form
- Cheque – please include the name of the Fund you wish to donate to on the ‘memo’ portion of the Cheque, and mail to 410 North Service Road E, Suite 200, Oakville ON L6H 5R2
- Other options for giving can be done through a Gift of Insurance, RSP/RIF – contact us to ask us how.
If you require any assistance with this please contact Sarah McPherson, Director of Philanthropy – email@example.com | 905-844-3562 ext 302
Our Oakville Dads Group was started in 2018 by Jeremy Sims after being motivated and inspired by our neighbouring Burlington Dads Group – of which we have many dual-citizens! We celebrate and appreciate this!
The Dads group started on Facebook and has evolved into a group of men that support, help, and guide each other with opinions, information, referrals, recommendations and so much more.
Thank you for your continued support.
Jeremy, Per, Jamie and Andrew